Bangladesh & Guinea: International day of peace
On the 21st of September we celebrated the International Day of Peace (IDP) to strengthen the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples. Every year, we introduce a theme to our clubs under which they can celebrate this wonderful day. For the 2018 edition we choice ACT! which means Artists Create Together! In pairs, our clubs co-created amazing events. In this case: Bangladesh and Guinea.
Bangladesh & Guinea were cooperating during the International Day for Peace (IDP) 2018, since both are very interested in working for Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions (SDG #16), it was a great match.
The Clubleaders Philip Kpakiwa from Guinea and Istiak Ahmed from Bangladesh have been in close contact, discussing the events they will be holding and decided on focusing on bringing diverse people together on this special day through art and sports to create and emphasise on peace.
On the 21st of September, the International Day of Peace, a Cultural program was held in Baralekha, Moulvipazar – Bangladesh. Philanthropists who contribute to arts, culture and society, guests from civil society, lawyers, social- and cultural workers were present and honored. The program of the event included a variety of arts and culture,as talents from the local regions were present and diverse people engaged with each other for sustainable peace and culture. The program ended with musical events where talents from the Moulvibazar district performed music, dance, and drama. The event was aired live.
The project intended to build a bridge between people of different generations who act in the field of art and culture at each locality. By showcasing performances of the young talents, MasterPeace Bangladesh honored and thanked the seniors who contributed to cultural development and peace-building in these regions. The event enabled exchanging viewpoints, promoting a long-standing culture and inspiring and motivating young people in this area to come forward and show their talent in the field of art and culture.
- Approximately 700 People enjoyed this event
- Guests from civil society, lawyers, social and cultural workers were present and honored
- The program was aired live
- Creating a bridge of and for generations and organizations
- Performing, serving and contributing in the same or similar field through diverse ways
- Learning about how one can co-create irrespective of difference and distance between nations
Soccer For Peace: An event bringing together two teams, from two different ethnic groups: the Mandingo and the Fula. Through this match, the communities (especially their youth) learned how they could best associate themselves in togetherness. They were able to stir up a climate of common understanding, diversity, and joy by interacting with one another. This came to be through the process of playing soccer and watching and supporting a team. By bringing people together who have not met before comes the opportunity for them to get to know each other, join hands, learn and create a common understanding of peace.
Mandingo & Fula are two different ethnicities that are important to bring together so that the community members can learn to concentrate on the similarities through joy rather than on the differences that create blockages. It happens often that youths become active participants in national and political conflicts through the influence of drugs and corrupt politicians. Through the engagement that MasterPeace Guinea offers, the youths will not be easily swayed or persuaded anymore to take up arms against their own people/communities or burning tires on streets. It is about creating Peace together.
- Day “Play and Talk” event Community involvement
- Uniting two communities through the concept “Soccer for Peace”
- Discovering talents in the youth
- Hundreds of people were reached and touched by the message of MasterPeace
- Communities realized their differences and started bridging them
- The opponent teams put aside all differences, came together to reconcile, hug and make friendships
- MasterPeace created a sense of togetherness and demonstrated the importance of peace, diversity, gaining awareness and finding out everyone’s individual talents