MasterPeace and Stichting art.1, along with their Albanian partners Open Mind Spectrum Albania (OMSA) and ACT for SOCIETY Center, conjointly announce the open call for the establishment of a CREATIVE HUB in Tirana, as part of the Artvist Stafetë project, funded by the European Union IPA/2020/421-822.
The project is a creative and innovative alliance that empowers Albanian civil society organisations and young people in their path to change and create social awareness on human rights, diversity and gender equality through the arts. Artivist Stafëte aims to make a significant contribution to the understanding of youth of human rights and democratic EU principles, within Albania’s EU membership accession.
The call will remain open until June 7th, 2021. Through the sub-grant scheme, the project will finance small-medium-sized projects, according to relevant thematic fields.
MasterPeace aims to award one project, which must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
Minimum: 14 500 EUR
Maximum: 17 500 EUR
The deadline for submission of project proposals is JUNE 7th 2021
Applications must be submitted in English.
All activities within the action are therefore geared towards strengthening the CSO sector by:
1) granting it theoretical/practical skills in cross-cultural project management, thus facilitating collaboration and best practice exchange with prospective partners in the EU.
2) Granting practical skills in soft skill methodologies (podcast, film, storytelling, artivism ), related to creative expression and communication, thus facilitating actors in the field to bypass censorship and infiltrate the mainstream narrative, in turn increasing democratic representation.
3) The cycle will host a series of activities during the duration 3 months which includes:
– Hosting training: on four methodologies (podcast, filmmaking, activism and Walls of Connection)
– Creating a safe open space as a temporary (one month) creative hub as a physical space for participants to create their artistic productions.
– Creating different cultural presentations that showcase the artistic work of participants which includes (Film Festival, Femme Salons (TEDx-styled talks), studio-recording of podcast, Walls of Connection, and hackathons).
– Visibility actions, which include campaigning and (social) media presence.
This Call for Application will be submitted later on also in other Regions: Durres, Elbasan, Diber, Vlora, Korce, Pogradec and Berat in the upcoming period.
Who can apply?
All civil society organizations, organizations in the creative scene, and grassroots initiatives in Albania are welcome to apply.
Organizations with experience in activism and minority advocacy, organizations with experience in running cultural spaces and hosting cultural events are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must comply with the project’s code of conduct
Open Mind Spectrum Albania (OMSA) is an Albanian non-governmental organization established in 2013 with the main focus of its work being community work and advocacy for the LGBTIQ+ communities of Albania. It aspires to co-create an inclusive society for all Albanians, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, age, social status and health status.
ACT for SOCIETY Center is an Albanian non-governmental organization established in 2012. The mission is to enhance healthy lifestyles and stimulate the sustainable development of society. It’s work consists of promoting culture, advocating for democracy and human rights issues, connecting youth, stimulating active participation in social life as well as in decision-making processes.
With an established presence in over 40 countries around the world, Dutch organization MasterPeace works with three core activities, all of which aim towards a sustainable future with less conflict: 1) Mobilize, inspire and connect young local talents via music, art and play; 2) Organize dialogue and bring all local stakeholders together; 3) Create perspective through leadership trainings, capacity-building programs and starting up social enterprises..
Based in Amsterdam, Stichting art. 1 is dedicated to the visibilization and inclusion of minorities through the arts. By providing trainings in non-formal methodologies, the organisation seeks to provide tools and channels for sidelined voices to join mainstream narratives and democratic participation.
(Happened Already) On the 22nd of Apr 2021, the project partners (Master Peace,Stitching Ar, Act for Society, and OMSA) will organize a 1-day info session in Tirana for potential grant applicants to inform them about the Call and to provide guidance on developing successful grant proposals.
A prior announcement will be made in the following days for the venue, agenda etc.