MasterPeace and Stichting art.1, along with their Albanian partners Open Mind Spectrum Albania (OMSA) and ACT for SOCIETY Center, conjointly announce the open call for the establishment of a CREATIVE HUB in Tirana, as part of the Artvist Stafetë project, funded by the European Union IPA/2020/421-822.
The project is a creative and innovative alliance that empowers Albanian civil society organisations and young people in their path to change and create social awareness on human rights, diversity and gender equality through the arts. Artivist Stafëte aims to make a significant contribution to the understanding of youth of human rights and democratic EU principles, within Albania’s EU membership accession.
The application package including the “Guidelines for Applicants” and related information on the requirements and the application procedure is available in the following links: www.masterpeace.org : www.actforsociety.org , www.stichtingart1.nl and http://omsalbania.org/
The call will remain open until May 7th, 2021. Through the sub-grant scheme, the project will finance small-medium-sized projects, according to relevant thematic fields.
MasterPeace aims to award one project, which must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
Minimum: 14 500 EUR
Maximum: 17 500 EUR
The deadline for submission of project proposals is May 7th 2021
Applications must be submitted in English.
All activities within the action are therefore geared towards strengthening the CSO sector by:
1) granting it theoretical/practical skills in cross-cultural project management, thus facilitating collaboration and best practice exchange with prospective partners in the EU.
2) Granting practical skills in soft skill methodologies (podcast, film, storytelling, artivism ), related to creative expression and communication, thus facilitating actors in the field to bypass censorship and infiltrate the mainstream narrative, in turn increasing democratic representation.
3) The cycle will host a series of activities during the duration 3 months which includes:
– Hosting training: on four methodologies (podcast, filmmaking, activism and Walls of Connection)
– Creating a safe open space as a temporary (one month) creative hub as a physical space for participants to create their artistic productions.
– Creating different cultural presentations that showcase the artistic work of participants which includes (Film Festival, Femme Salons (TEDx-styled talks), studio-recording of podcast, Walls of Connection, and hackathons).
– Visibility actions, which include campaigning and (social) media presence.
This Call for Application will be submitted later on also in other Regions: Durres, Elbasan, Diber, Vlora, Korce, Pogradec and Berat in the upcoming period.